Someone is remaking Need for Speed Underground 2 in Unreal Engine 4
Need for Speed fans, here is something special for you today. YouTube’s “Ivan Novozhilov” is currently remaking Need for Speed Underground 2 in Unreal Engine 4, and below you can find a video featuring 10 minutes of gameplay footage.
Unlike most of the other Unreal Engine remakes we’ve shared, this one actually looks like a real remake. In other words, it features proper gameplay mechanics. Players can drive cars, slide and destroy various objects. Hell, there’s also a weather system, as well as music from both Underground games.
Unfortunately, there is currently no way to download this NFSU2 remake. And, given how good it already looks, we fear EA will shut it down immediately.
Anyway, here is the full feature list of Need for Speed Underground 2 Remake current WIP version in Unreal Engine 4.
Need for Speed Underground 2 Remake in Unreal Engine 4
- -nitrous (not used here)
- win NOS by doing stuff (airborne, powerslide, almost crash…)
- entirely new direction.
- optimized automatic transmission and clutch
- fixed slip rate (no more stutter)
- collision noises and sparks
- suspension compression noise
- – sweetener (hear a backfire)
- turbo, sweetener, engine and transmission sounds are created and “chosen” based on the performance upgrade.
- radically changed driving behavior. It’s still work in progress and a lot of tuning, highly dependent on slip angle and traction, these values are changed with speed to allow for arcade driving behavior and nice drifts at low speeds. depending on the game mode, this may change in the future.
- audio zones
- reverberation zones
- named areas
- each island has a distinct colorization.
- optimized graphics for much better performance and an overall nicer look.
- optimized weather cycle
- new textures
- added more missing stitches
- traffic node system (you can’t see it but it’s there)
- more optimized camera shake
- more optimized radial motion blur
- destructible environment (panels, water barrels…)
- music from UG1, UG2, MW is implemented.
- whoosh sounds
- new camera shift and rotation (shift)
User interface :
- drift score counter + nifty messages
- drift zones (those blue red white striped decals) are used for additional multipliers with speed for drift score.
- the menus are being created and are already partially working but are not shown here.